Friday, April 27, 2012

Night of the Artists

Had the wonderful opportunity to conduct an art class on Tuesday for about 30 young women, ages 12 - 18, up at the church.  The class included a bit of art history, three challenging art projects and an art show of some of my work.  The projects included creating a masterpiece in the styles of three of the greats:  Michelangelo (this one was done overhead!), Van Gogh and Pollock.

My intend was to inspire and motivate the young women to create their own works of art.  I used the words of some of the masters to help get the message across:


Only God creates.  The rest of us just copy.
Michelangelo

What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
Van  Gogh

My favorite, which is only too true:

All children are artists.  The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.  Picasso



Enjoy the scenes from the Night of the Artists:







1 comment:

  1. That is so great! I love the quotes and the pictures :) I bet those girls will remember that activity forever.

    ReplyDelete